The Casumo guide to SOW
Here at Casumo we put our players first, and we don’t just say that, we genuinely care. Which is why our dedicated team of Customer Support Ambassadors keeps an eye out for recurring questions, doubts and processes that aren’t running as smoothly as they should. One of the topics recently brought to our attention is the Source of Wealth (SOW) request, which is why we decided to put together a small guide. Read on to find out all there is to know about SOW and how we do everything to ensure your peace of mind while you play.
Why do we request SOW?
We take your online security and privacy seriously. As per current rules and regulations, online casinos operating in Europe and the UK are obliged to verify the Source of Wealth and Source of Funds of their customers. By law you will need to provide us with some proof that shows us where your source of wealth or funds are coming from.
What’s the SOW request process?
The SOW requests are done on a ‘risk based approach’, which means that you might be subject to the above mentioned checks at different stages of your journey. This is what the SOW request will ask from you:
Source of Wealth
Please upload one or more of the documents below, or similar that matches your source of wealth. Make sure that the document includes your name.
- Employment – employment contract/payslip
- Sale of property – contract of sale
- Sale of securities – share certificate
- Inheritance – will
- Winnings from lottery/betting/casino – certificate of win or bank statement
What’s the difference between KYC and SOW?
KYC stands for Know Your Customer and it’s a security check that, most of the time, will be done as soon as the deposit threshold has been reached. We will then ask you to share the following documents:
- Passport or photo ID to confirm your identity
- Proof of source of payment (so for example a credit card statement with your name on it)
- Proof of address (for example an electricity bill, not older than 6 months)
As already explained in the paragraph above, additionally the SOW request will ask you to provide some proof of your source of wealth /funds (for example an employment payslip will do). The document(s) that you share will obviously have to include your name.
What do we do with your personal information?
It goes without saying that all your sensitive and personal information shared with us, will be kept safe and secure. We do everything we can to set the highest standard in data protection and privacy, so you never need to worry. Should you ever want to find out more about our procedures, just have a live chat with our lovely ambassadors or send an email to email@example.com. We promise to continue to do all we can to make your playing experience secure, keeping you and your money, totally safe.
How to play responsibly at Casumo
We want to share some tips on how you can embrace responsible gaming right from the start of your online casino adventures. We want your experience to be fun from day one:
- Set up your account at www.casumo.com
- Take a look at the tools we have available and get familiar with them.
- Ask as many questions as you want–our caring and well-trained team are available to answer any question you might have.
- Contact us and let us help you set you up for a limit that you’re happy to spend. You can always ask for a change later on.You’re all set. Have fun!
How do you know if you need help?
As part of our responsible gaming initiative, we’ve put together a list of questions that can help you understand if you or someone you know may have a gambling problem. But please do understand that this self-assessment can in no way be considered diagnostic, psychological, or medical advice. Check it out in our Play Okay section or read more about responsible gaming on our Casumo blog.
18+ | Please gamble responsibly | T&Cs apply | rgf.org.mt