Now for a little more of a detailed description: Lightning Roulette is Evolution Gaming’s live dealer Roulette game that blends traditional Live Roulette elements with advanced RNG gameplay. It offers a unique player experience since, on top of the usual Roulette bets, you get extra chances to win with added Lucky Numbers and Lucky Payouts. In each game round, between 1 and 5 Lucky Numbers are struck by lightning, multiplying payouts between 50 and 500x your bet. Lightning Roulette is unique and like no other Roulette game!
We decided to write up a Lightning Roulette guide explaining everything there is to know about this super speedy live casino table game. Because just as with slots or other casino games, it’s nice to know what a game is all about before you give it a try!
In Lightning Roulette, you can bet on the full range of Roulette bets just as they would in standard European Live Roulette. However, you will also get additional chances to win through randomly generated Lucky Numbers and Lucky Payouts (multipliers of 50x, 100x, 200x, 300x, 400x and 500x). After all bets are accepted, the amount of Lucky Numbers (one to five), the Lucky Numbers themselves and the amounts of the Lucky Payouts are randomly generated. Each Lucky Number pays one of the Lucky Payouts of between 50 and 500:1 if the ball lands on the Lucky Number and if you placed a Straight Up bet on that number.
As mentioned before, all the familiar elements of ‘regular’ Live Roulette are here — the live wheel, the live dealer, the full line-up of Roulette bets. So when the bets are open, all you need to do is decide whether you would like to bet on a number, red or black, even or odd, odd or even, columns, dozens, etc. When everyone has placed their bets and the little ball starts rolling away on the Roulette wheel then (and only then) will the system show you the Lucky Numbers. The system will pick between 1 and 5 on each spin, entirely at random. These Lucky Numbers will appear as if struck by a lightning bolt and will also show the multiplier that the system has assigned to them. As said, this multiplier can be x50, x100, x150, x200, x300, x400 and even x500. If the number you have chosen lights up, you get the normal hit amount multiplied by the amount of the Lucky Number.
In the end picking a live table game comes down to personal preferences, but at Casumo we’re big fans of this unique Lightning Roulette version. We listed a few things that we believe make this game so unique:
- Most obviously, the payouts: Payouts on Lightning Roulette could potentially get rather hefty thanks to the Lucky Numbers with multipliers of up to x500.
- That bit more excitement: Classic Roulette is already a lot of fun, but Lightning Roulette adds that bit of extra excitement thanks to the addition of the Lucky Numbers and their multipliers.
- The game speed: Being called Lightning Roulette, it’s obvious that this is not going to be a slow game. Live Roulette is super dynamic and the croupiers also join in the rhythm that makes this version of Roulette go at lightning speed!
- The set: The Art Deco vibe with its black and gold colours and light and sound effects create a unique atmosphere.
Please note: Lightning Roulette also has a slight disadvantage over a traditional Roulette game. If you manage to hit a Full House on a number that is not illuminated, Lightning Roulette will pay you 30 times your bet instead of the usual 35 times of traditional Roulette.
Attention, attention! Lightning Roulette is an online casino games with one of the highest RTPs, no less than 97.30%. This means that Lightning Roulette returns an average of 97.30% of the money you spend while playing.
Lightning Roulette is played on a European Roulette wheel, with only one zero. This could potentially give you a better chance of winning.
Before anything, please always get a good understanding of the game before you start playing. This might sound silly or obvious, but it’s not. If you really want to enjoy this (or any other) game of Live Roulette, you’ll have to be clear on how it works and how you can win/lose. So in case of doubt, always have another look at the game guide - as many times as necessary.
Now that you know everything you need to know to play Lightning Roulette, it's time to familiarise yourself with the rhythm of the game and for that you’ll simply need to start playing. The way we see it, it’s always to start betting a small amount of money and then, when you feel comfortable enough with the mechanics, you can bet as much as you feel suitable.
As with any other online casino game, for Lightning Roulette also applies: Make sure you don’t spend more than you budgeted for. Of course sometimes you’ll get drawn in by the excitement of the game, but at Casumo we can’t tell our players often enough, please always play responsibly. We would therefore like to remind you of our Play Okay tools which help you set different limits and help keep your gameplay in check.
Whilst playing (any version of) Roulette it might seem that some numbers come up more often than others, that they’re “hot”. Please be warned that this is definitely not the case. It’s a hunch that you might get every now and then, but the fact of the matter is that Roulette is just a game of chance, meaning that all numbers have the exact same possibilities and there’s no such thing as a Lightning Roulette strategy.
- Full bet: when you place your chip on a number (including zero).
- Horse bet: when you place your chip on a line separating two numbers.
- Cross bet: when you place your chip at the end of a row of numbers. This is a bet on three numbers.
- Square bet: when you place your chip on a point (central intersection) where four numbers meet. This is a bet on four numbers.
- Six of six bet: when you place your chip on the intersection that joins the end of two rows of numbers. This is a bet that covers two columns or six numbers.
- Column bet: when you place your chip on one of the squares called "2 to 1" at the end of a column. This is a bet that covers all 12 numbers in the selected column. The zero is not included in column bets.
- Dozen bet: when you place your chip on one of the three squares labelled "1st 12", "2nd 12" or "3rd 12" to cover the 12 numbers located along this box.
- Red/Black: when you place your chip on one of these boxes to cover the 18 red or black numbers. The zero is not included in these bets.
- Even/Odd: when you place your chip on one of these boxes to cover the 18 even numbers or the 18 odd numbers. Zero is not included in these bets.
- Bet on the high number (1-18) or low number (19-36): when you place your chip in one of these boxes to cover the first or last 18 numbers. The zero is not included in these bets.
After all bets are off, randomly selected "Lucky Numbers" with "Lucky Payouts" will appear in the betting box.
Each type of bet covers a different set of numbers and offers you different payout odds. The betting spots will always be highlighted.
TIERS DU CYLINDRE
A bet covering a total of 12 numbers including 27, 33 and the numbers in between on the side of the Roulette wheel opposite zero.
6 chips are placed as follows:
- 1 chip on horse 5/8
- 1 checker on a 10/11 horse
- 1 checker on a knight 13/16
- 1 checker on a knight 23/24
- 1 checker on horse 27/30
- 1 counter on a horse 33/36
ORPHELINS A CHEVAL
A bet covering a total of 8 numbers on the two segments of the Roulette wheel that are not covered by the voisins du zero (below) and tiers du cylindre bets (above).
5 chips are placed as follows:
- 1 chip on 1 (full house)
- 1 checker on knight 6/9
- 1 checker on knight 14/17
- 1 checker on knight 17/20
- 1 checker on knight 31/34
VOISINS DU ZERO
A bet covering a total of 17 numbers including 22, 25 and the numbers in between on the side of the Roulette wheel containing zero.
9 chips are placed as follows:
- 2 chips to cross 0/2/3
- 1 checker on knight 4/7
- 1 checker on knight 12/15
- 1 checker on horse 18/21
- 1 checker on horse 19/22
- 2 checkers on square 25/26/28/29
- 1 checker on horse 32/35
A bet covering zero and the 6 numbers closest to zero on the Roulette wheel: 12, 35, 3, 26, 0, 32 and 15.
4 chips are placed as follows:
- 1 chip on horse 0/3
- 1 chip on a 12/15 horse
- 1 checker on 26 (full house)
- 1 checker on knight 32/35
SPECIAL BETS FINALE EN PLEIN
- Finale en plein 0: bet of 4 chips placed on the numbers 0, 10, 20 and 30.
- Finale en plein 1: bet of 4 chips covering the numbers 1, +11, +21 and +31 with one chip each.
- Finale en plein 2: bet of 4 chips covering the numbers 2, +12, +22 and +32 with one chip each.
- Finale en plein 3: bet of 4 chips covering the numbers 3, +13, +23 and +33 with one chip each.
- Finale en plein 4: bet of 4 chips covering the numbers 4, +14, +24 and +34 with one chip each.
- Finale en plein 5: bet of 4 chips covering the numbers 5, +15, +25 and +35 with one chip each.
- Finale en plein 6: 4-chip bet covering numbers 6, +16, +26 and +36 with one chip each.
- Finale en plein 7: bet of 3 chips covering the numbers 7, 17 and 27 with one chip each.
- Finale en plein 8: 3-chip bet covering numbers 8, +18 and +28 with one chip each.
- Finale en plein 9: 3-chip bet covering numbers 9, +19 and +29 with one chip each Finale a Cheval.
SPECIAL BETS FINALE A CHEVAL
- Finale a cheval 0/3: 4-chip bet covering the numbers 0/3+10/13+20/23+30/33, with one chip each.
- Finale a cheval 1/4: 4-chip bet covering the numbers 1/4+11/14+21/24+31/34, with one chip each.
- Finale a cheval 2/5: 4-chip bet covering the numbers 2/5+12/15+22/25+32/35, with one chip each.
- Finale a cheval 3/6: 4-chip bet covering the numbers 3/6+13/16+23/26+33/36, with one chip each.
- Finale a cheval 4/7: 4-chip bet covering the numbers 4/7+14/17+24/27+34, with one chip each.
- Finale a cheval 5/8: 4-chip bet covering 5/8+15/18+25/28+35, with one chip each.
- Finale a cheval 6/9: 4-chip bet covering 6/9+16/19+26/29+36, with one chip each.
- Finale a cheval 7/10: 3-chip bet covering the numbers 7/10+17/20+27/30, with one chip each.
- Finale a cheval 8/11: 3-chip bet covering the numbers 8/11+18/21+28/31, with one chip each.
- Finale a cheval 9/12: 3-chip bet covering the numbers 9/12+19/22+29/32, with one chip each.