Legend of the Ice Dragon is a fantasy-themed slot that tasks you with taming the beast. The problem is, that “beast” is a 50-foot dragon made of ice, so taming it won’t be easy.
If you can get past this chilled creature, you could unlock some big features. Who knows, you could even get your hands on the dragon’s treasure.
What is the Legend of the Ice Dragon Slot?
Legend of the Ice Dragon is a Play’n GO slot game that features an immense game grid, with a total of 7 reels and 7 rows. The titular ice dragon stands behind these waves, looming ominously over them and waiting to whip his tail against the many symbols. There are a few features to look out for here, some of which are activated by the ice-cold dragon himself:
You can wager anywhere from £0.20 to £100 on a single spin of Legend of the Ice Dragon.
- Ice Frames
- Ice Crystal Charger
- Freezing Features
- Wild Symbols
- Dragon Blast
Legend of the Ice Dragon Features
The biggest symbols on the Legend of the Ice Dragon slot are the coloured gems, including Red, Purple, Blue, and Green. There are four of these in total and there are also four of the low-paying symbols, all represented by playing card suits.
There are a lot of features and modifiers to get through here, so let’s take a closer look.
Cluster Pays, Exploding Wins, Ice Crystals
The Legend of the Ice Dragon game grid is a 7x7 monster that utilises the Cluster Pays mechanic. This means that there are no traditional paylines and wins trigger when symbols connect. Those connections can be horizontal or vertical, it doesn’t matter as long as there are at least 5 of them.
When a win is formed, all of the winning symbols are destroyed, the ones above fall down, and new ones are created. You’ll also notice that the Ice Crystal to the left of the reels increases. It begins at 0/20 and grows based on the total number of winning symbols. So, if you land a win with 7 symbols, it will be 7/20.
As you approach 20 symbols, the maximum then switches to 40, 60, and finally to 80. At this point, it becomes Overcharged.
When the wins stop, the features will activate based on how charged the Ice Crystal was:
The Ice Crystal features can unlock a prize of up to 6,000x your bet, which equates to £6,000 on wagers of £1.
- Tail Lash (20) = The dragon whips his tail across the reels, transforming all high-paying symbols into a single high-paying symbol type.
- Ice Scorch (40) = Between 3 and 6 symbols become Wild.
- Destruction (60) = All low-paying symbols are removed from the grid.
- Dragon Blast (80) = Symbols with Ice Frames turn Wild and Ice Frame Multipliers activate. These Treasure Chest Wilds cannot be revealed on any other feature in the game.
- Overcharged (90) = 2 Ice Frames are awarded. This feature will trigger for every 10 charges that you get above the “maximum” of 80.
Ice Frames are created by the Wild symbols and can transform into Multipliers of up to 8x. If a Wild lands in one of these frames during a cascade then the Multiplier will trigger.
At any point during a non-winning spin, one of three random features can activate:
- Hailstorm: Hail will fall on the reels, revealing a random symbol and then transforming some of those symbols into Wilds. It’s possible to reveal up to 3 Wild symbols for every cluster, with a maximum of 9 Wilds in total.
- Avalanche: The reels shake with the effect of an avalanche and all instances of 2 symbols will be removed from the reels, leaving Wilds in their place. It’s possible for up to 7 Wilds to appear.
- Blizzard: A blizzard sweeps across the reels, selecting 7 symbols. These are then destroyed or transformed into Wilds, with up to 5 Wilds possible.
Summary of the Legend of the Ice Dragon Slot
Play’n GO never fails to disappoint when it comes to fantasy slot machines, and Legend of the Ice Dragon is no exception. Start your journey into the ice kingdom and face the legendary ice dragon.